The Village of Withee is very grateful for the Owen-Withee students for taking a day to do community service for area residents, businesses and local government.
Welcome to Withee!
The Village of Withee was founded in 1870, and named after a school teacher from Maine, W.H. Withee and was incorporated as a village in 1901. The Soo Railroad brought in booming business to the area, developing into the principal shipping point for D.J. Spaulding Mills. Withee retains all its small town charm with a friendly population of 487 people.
Located just off the Black River, Withee offers many opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast. The avid fisherman will find the perfect spot to fish. The North Woods offers many opportunities for those who enjoy hunting. The Sportsman Club offers trap shooting as well as bow and arrow targets. For the active person, there is tennis, softball, biking, fishing, and snowmobiling.
Stop by one of the friendly taverns to unwind and engage in friendly conversation. Don't forget to stop at our local Mennonite stores for a real taste of country life. Withee is easily accessible from the four-lane Highway 29. Stop in and spend some time in Withee!
CHECK OUT THE NOTICE TAB
FOR INFORMATION ON THIS YEAR'S