History

The Village of Withee was founded in 1870, and named after a school teacher from Maine, W.H. Withee. It was incorporated as a village in 1901. The Soo Railroad brought in booming business to the area, developing into the principal shipping point for D.J. Spaulding Mills. Withee retains all its small town charm with a friendly population of 555 people.