Wisconsin Emergency Rental Assistance (WERA) is a federally funded program for households experiencing income loss or financial hardship because of the COVID-19 pandemic. If households are behind on rent and have lost income due to COVID-19, households may be eligible for financial assistance. This program takes the place of the 2020 Wisconsin Rental Assistance Program (WRAP), which ended in December.
- Applicants must have income loss or financial hardship related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Applicants must be unable to pay their rent, behind on rent, or have an eviction notice.
- Applicants must be an adult Wisconsin resident with a household income at or below 80% of the county median income in the month of or prior to the application date and have applied for heat and electric benefits through the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) **to apply for WHEAP contact Clark County Department of Social Services at (715) 743-5233**
- WERA can provide financial assistance for past-due rent, up to 12 months, going back to March 13th, 2020 (widely viewed as the beginning of the pandemic).
- The program may be able to pay for three months of future rent.
- Applicants will also be referred to additional community resources depending on their specific situation.
To Apply for Emergency Rental Assistance
- For fastest service, apply online at https://www.westerndairyland.org/wera/
- Call Western Dairyland for more information at (715) 836-7511